SOME CHAPTERS IN EDITED BOOKS, EDITORIALS, ETC.
- Children of the Fourth Revolution, editorial, Philosophy & Technology, 1.3.
- Energy, Risks, and Metatechnology, editorial, Philosophy & Technology, 1.2.
- Harmonising Physis and Techne: the Mediating Role of Philosophy, editorial, Philosophy & Technology, 1.1.
- Artificial Companions and their philosophical challenges, in Yorick Wilks, (ed.), Close Engagements with Artificial Companions. Key social, psychological, ethical and design issues (John Benjamins Publishing Company), 2010, pp. 23-27.
- The Rediscovery and Posthumous Influence of Scepticism” in Richard Bett (ed.), Cambridge Companion to Ancient Scepticism (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2010), pp. 267-287.
- “Information Technology”, in The Blackwell Companion to Philosophy of Technology, edited by J.-K. Berg Olsen, S. A. Pedersen and V. F. Hendricks (Oxford – New York: Blackwell, 2009).
- Trends in the Philosophy of Information, invited chapter for Handbook of Philosophy of Information, a book ed. by Pieter Adriaans and Johan van Benthem in the series Handbooks of the Philosophy of Science (Amsterdam – Oxford: Elsevier) 113-132.
- A Subjectivist Interpretation of Relevant Information, in A. Pichler & H. Hrachovec (eds.) Wittgenstein and the Philosophy of Information, Proceedings of the 30th International Ludwig Wittgenstein-Symposium in Kirchberg am Wechsel, Austria 2007. Publications of the Austrian Ludwig Wittgenstein Society *New Series*, vol 7. (D) Frankfurt a.M.: Ontos, 2008.
- “Foundations of Information Ethics”, invited chapter for Information and Computer Ethics, edited by H. Tavani and K. Himma (John Wiley and Sons, 2008), pp. 3-23.
- Information Ethics, its Nature and Scope, invited chapter for Moral Philosophy and Information Technology, edited by Jeroen van den Hoven and John Weckert (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2008), pp. 40-65.
- “L’Informazione Biologica” invited chapter for Filosofia e Scienze della Vita, a cura di Giovanni Boniolo e Stefano Giaimo (Milano, Bruno Mondadori, 2008), pp 198-219.
- Data, article for the International Encyclopedia of the Social Sciences, 2nd edition, editor in chief William A. Darity (Detroit: Macmillan, 2008).
- “Information Logic”, in Computation, Information, Cognition, ed. by Gordana Dodig Crnkovic and Susan Stuart (Cambridge: Cambridge Scholars Press, 2007), pp. 18-40.
- Understanding Information Ethics, APA Newsletter on Philosophy and Computers.7.1 (online)
- “Computers”, invited chapter in New Waves in Applied Ethics, ed. by C. Wolf, J. Ryberg and T. Petersen (Palgrave MacMillan, 2007).
- Information, invited contribution to the Encyclopedia of Science, Technology, and Ethics, (ESTE) edited by Carl Mitcham (Macmillan, 2005).
- Semantic Conceptions of Information, The Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy (Winter 2005 Edition).
- “A Model of Data and Semantic Information” in Knowledge in the New Technologies, edited by Gerassimos Kouzelis, Maria Pournari, Michael Stoeppler, and Vasilis Tselfes (Berlin: Peter Lang, 2005), 21-42.
- (with Gian Maria Greco, Gianluca Paronitti and Matteo Turilli) The Philosophy of Information – A Methodological Point of View, in Klaus-Dieter Althoff, Andreas Dengel, Ralph Bergmann, Markus Nick, and Thomas Roth-Berghofer (Eds.), WM2005: Professional Knowledge Management. Experiences and Visions (DFKI GmbH, Kaiserslautern 2005), 563-570.
- (with Jeff Sanders), Internet Ethics: the Constructionist Values of Homo Poieticus, invited chapter for The Impact of the Internet on Our Moral Lives, edited by Robert Cavalier (SUNY: 2005).
- Farsi (Persian) Translation by Hamid R. Jamal of “LIS as Applied Philosophy of Information: a Reappraisal”, Library Trends, 2004, 52.3, 658-665.
- From the Philosophy of AI to the Philosophy of Information, invited contribution to The Philosophers’ Magazine 2004, 28.4, pp. 56-60.
- Informational Realism in Computers and Philosophy 2003 – Selected Papers from the Computer and Philosophy conference (CAP 2003), Conferences in Research and Practice in Information Technology, 37, 2004, edited by J. Weckert. and Y. Al-Saggaf, ACS, pp. 7-12.
- Persian translation by Ida Momennejad of “What is the Philosophy of Information?”, Metaphilosophy, 2002 (33.1/2).
- Kant, perché leggerlo ancora, ReS.
- Mathematical Skepticism: the Debate between Hobbes and Wallis, chapter in Skepticism in Renaissance and Post-Renaissance Thought: New Interpretations, ed. by José R. Maria Neto and Richard H. Popkin (Pometheus: New York 2004). [appendices]
- Information Ethics: From Case-based Analyses to Theoretical Foundations (a paper presented at ETHICOMP98, The Netherlands), republished in ETHICOMP Journal.
- The entries “Pierre-Daniel Huet” and “Michelangelo Fardella”, The Routledge Encyclopedia of Philosophy (London: Routledge, 1998)
- Mathematical Scepticism: a Sketch with Historian in Foreground, in The Skeptical Tradition around 1800, edited by Johan van der Zande and Richard Popkin (Dordrecht: Kluwer, 1998), 41-60.
- The Importance of Being Earnest: Peirce’s Interpretation of Scepticism, in C.S. Peirce Categories to Constantinople, edited by J. van Brakel and M. van Heerden (Leuven: Leuven University Press, 1998), 47-60.
- Brave.Net.World: the Internet as a Disinformation Superhighway? in Handbook of Disinformation, edited by Bruno Ballardini (Rome: Castelvecchi, 1995), 121-129. English translation in The Electronic Library 14 (1996), 509-514.
- “The Stone and the Devil: the Analysis of the Realism Debate in Michael Dummett” in Analytic Philosophy 1993,edited by L Floridi (Roma: Lithos, 1993). In Italian.