Some edited books
- The Routledge Handbook of Philosophy of Information (Routledge, in progress).
- The Oxford Handbook of Information (Oxford University Press, in progress).
- (with Phyllis Illari) The Philosophy of Information Quality (Springer, forthcoming).
- The Onlife Manifesto – Being Human in a Hyperconnected Era (Springer, forthcoming).
- Protection of Information and the Right to Privacy: A New Equilibrium? (Springer, 2014).
- (with Mariarosaria Taddeo) The Ethics of Information Warfare (Springer, 2014).
- The Handbook of Information and Computer Ethics (Cambridge University Press, 2010).
- (co-editor) Le Parole della Filosofia Contemporanea (Carocci, 2009).
- Philosophy of Computing and Information: 5 Questions (Automatic Press / VIP, 2008). Preface and Interview.
- The Blackwell Guide to the Philosophy of Computing and Information (Blackwell, 2004). Chapter five on “Information” is available here. The Preface and the Introduction are also available online. The glossary is freely available online. Check the Web site for the Blackwell Guide to the Philosophy of Computing and Information. Chinese translation (2010) in two volumes of The Blackwell Guide to the Philosophy of Computing and Information.
- (consultant editor) Routledge Encyclopedia of Philosophy on CD-ROM (Routledge, 1999).
- Filosofia & Informatica: atti del primo incontro italiano sulle applicazioni informatiche e multimediali alle discipline filosofiche (Paravia, 1996).
- (consultant editor) P. O. Kristeller’s Iter Italicum – Accedunt alia itinera (Brill 1995) on CD-ROM.
- (co-editor) Filosofia analitica 1993 – Bilanci e prospettive – Analytic Philosophy 1993 (Lithos, 1994).
Some edited special issues
- The Monist, “What is Information? Shannon-Weaver and Beyond” (forthcoming).
- (with Bert Baumgaertner) Topoi, “The Philosophy of Information” (forthcoming).
- (with Patrick Allo) Minds and Machines, on the logic and philosophy of information (forthcoming).
- Metaphilosophy, “Editor’s Cut – The Future of Philosophical Research according to Journal Editors”, 2011, 44.3.
- (with Mariarosaria Taddeo) Ethics and Information Technology, on e-Trust, 2011, 13.1
- Minds and Machines, “The Construction of Personal Identities Online”, 2011, 21.4.
- (with Elizabeth Black and Allan Third) Synthese, on “The Nature and Scope of Information”, 2010, 175.1, 1-3.
- (with Sebastian Sequoiah-Grayson) Synthese, on “The Philosophy of Information and Logic”, 2009, 167.2. Introduction (with Sebastian Sequoiah-Grayson).
- The Information Society, on “The Philosophy of Information, its Nature and Future Developments”, 2009, 25.3. The Information Society and Its Philosophy: Introduction to the Special Issue on “The Philosophy of Information, its Nature and Future Developments”.
- (with Patrick Allo) Logique et Analyse, on “Logic and the Philosophy of Information”, 2006, 49.196.
- (with Julian Savulescu) Ethics and Information Technology, on Information Ethics: Agents, Artifacts and New Cultural Perspectives, 2006, 8.4.
- Minds & Machines, “The Philosophy of Information”, 2003, 13.4 and 2004, 14.1.
- special issue of Etica & Politica (Department of Philosophy, University of Trieste) on computer ethics, November, 1999.